:: GIFT Program
Gary Gray | GIFT Program
The Gray Institute, founded by Gary Gray, physical therapist, is the culmination of over 30 years of research, development, and innovation in the field of Applied Functional Science. Gary Gray is recognized internationally for being "First in Function" or "Father of Function". He is the recipient of the American Physical Therapy Association's prestigious Maley Award for Innovation and Leadership. For over 3 decades he has challenged conventional understandings, introduced new perspectives, and demonstrated exciting new possibilities. He has taught Applied Functional Science to tens-of-thousands of professionals; and has been sought out by top professional athletes, trainers, and coaches.
Gray Institute is dedicated to research, development, and innovation to enhance teaching, treatment, and training effectiveness using the principles, strategies and techniques of Applied Functional Science. Kick Physiotherapy & Sports Medicine Inc. has been proud to bring the dynamic concepts and methodologies of Gary Gray to the communities of Maple, Woodbridge, Vaughan and Toronto.
The Gray Institute for Functional Transformation (GIFT) Program provides a ten-month comprehensive professional education program through a blend of distance learning and live seminars and training sessions. During this program all aspects of Applied Functional Science are explored, explained and applied in depth. It is the only institute and program of its kind.
GIFT is about:
- Teaching and mentoring professionals who touch the lives of those they serve.
- Optimizing functional performance whether for the first time, the last time, or in the mean time.
- Building competency, credibility, and confidence in functional testing, treatment, and training.
- Growing in information (facts), knowledge (understanding), and wisdom (discernment) - the kind of wisdom that is honed on the edge of relevant experience - the kind of insights that are only gained by running the race.
- Getting to do (motivation) the right thing (guidance) in the right manner (wisdom) at the right time (significance) to create the foundation for relevant needed action.
- Encouraging others by positioning them for success and realizing their achievements.
- Building community and building leaders who are enabled to make a positive difference in the lives of others.